Saturday, May 30, 2015

5/30/15

Momentary Blindness
I decided to sit on a bench and right afterwards I closed my eyes. As I sit down I take a bite off a piece of an orange that I got from a tree. As I chew on the orange the taste in my mouth is one of disgust. I thought it would be juicy sweet, but I was wrong. I can hear birds chirping from different directions. I hear a man speaking Italian, having a conversation with a woman. I thought I heard someone running, but I later realize it is someone riding a bike. Afterwards I hear more individuals riding bikes and passing right by me. I unfortunately still have the nasty taste of the orange in my mouth. I wish I had water or something to take the taste away.  I can hear the honking of cars coming from outside the area. I can feel the slight breeze gently hitting me, its wrapping around me, embracing me, and hugging me almost as if it hasn’t seen me in a while. I feel bits of sunlight hitting me, poking through the skies. The sunlight is coming out of hiding trying to light up the world. The wind begins to pick up, getting stronger. I soon hear an airplane overhead and it is pretty loud. I wished I had a better orange than the one I had, it still tasted pretty sour. I later hear a car alarm go off, as it rings I start to think to myself that the alarm is really annoying and I hope the owner shuts it off soon. After a couple of seconds the alarm finally stops. I hear footsteps walking by me pretty loudly while also hearing individuals joking around and laughing. I hear birds chirping from various directions. People are coming and going, and so are bikes. I then hear someone cough and at this point is where I stop and finally get up.

Location: Aventine Hill, next to the Basilica of Santa Sabina

Date : 5/28/15

No comments:

Post a Comment