Monday, June 1, 2015

06/01/15
Giornale 1

            I Decided to visit the Castel Sant'Angelo since I had free time and I thought it would be a great experience to actually step inside a castle. Before I went to the castle I first met up with Vilmarie and Samantha. I met up with them at Giolitti, Which by my experience I Consider to be the best place for ice cream. After we each got our ice cream we DECIDED to walk near the Pantheon and ate them there. From That point we Walked to Ponte Sant'Angelo, Which is the Bridge That goes over the Tiber River and leads straight to Castel Sant'Angelo. When we arrive to the bridge the first thing I notice That we are actually being greeted by two saints. These saints are Saint Peter and Saint Paul. These are the first two statues That You See When You are heading towards the direction of Castel Sant'Angelo. When we were on the middle of the bridge Vilmarie That mentions the fact she is actually disappointed about hoe the bridge Looked like and though That it was going to be more of a jaw dropping experience. I Looked towards her with a blank expression and said if she expected there to be gold on the bridge, she replied by saying That She believed That the statues would be Opinions more amazing. As we make our way across the bridge she stops and looks to her left and says That the Ponte Vittorio Emanuele II looks Opinions more appealing to cross Because the statues seem to be Opinions more impressive Compared to the ones on Ponte Sant'Angelo. As we get closer to the castle I begin to be amazed by the size of it. As we enter the castle after getting our tickets I just begin to look all around me and see how the castle is enormous. The first walk into the courtyard and notice a bust statue of Jesus Christ with the word savior written in Latin on its base. As I walk in the courtyard I overhear someone saying That Executions of the condemned to place fatto che exact same location. As we make our way up the castle we pass by the hall of urns Which ounces hold the ashes of Hadrian and his family. After about half an hour of looking around the castle we finally DECIDED That it was time to go all the way to the top and take a view of the city from atop of the castle. As we made our way up the stairs I started running up the stairs two to the fact I wanted to be the first to take on a look of the view. When I got to the top I was amazed by the view. I could easily see all of Rome from where I was standing. I was disappointed by the fact That I could not take a picture of the two view to the repute my phone had died on me just minutes before, but the mental picture will never go away. After we Looked at the view for a couple of minutes we left the castle and headed home. It was definitely worth going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment