Tuesday, June 2, 2015

6/3/15
Momentary Blindness
            As I sit down in the middle of the night I begin to close my eyes. The first thing I hear is a lot of people speaking. There is a mixture of Italian and English within the chatter. I can hear cars going pass by me. I can hear the engine running on some cars that go by. I don’t feel that much of a breeze on me. I can hear people laughing and having a good time. I hear a motorcycle or a moped going down the street I can’t really tell the difference. I believe someone is walking by me and then I hear a ringing, but it’s not coming from a bell. I now hear a bus going by. I later hear someone either clapping their hands or tapping a box of cigarettes. I hear females conversing in English. Their conversation revolves around another girl I hear someone entering their car then hear the car pull out of its parking spot. I unfortunately now smell cigarettes in the air. A motorcycle just went down the block pass me. The wind picks up a little bit and the leaves on the trees begin to move. I then smell something sweet like a perfume or some type of body lotion. Someone begins to laugh annoyingly. They have a laugh like a hyena. Someone starts talking about pasta, but I don’t want to hear about food anymore since I’m full and I can now feel the food getting digested. I end my momentary blindness early due to the fact that a guy is talking real obnoxiously and seems to be trying hard to make the girls laugh in order to get their attention. I end with that happy note.

Date: 6/2/15

Location: Bench in front of Piccolo Diavolo

No comments:

Post a Comment